Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August is the month of birthdays

August seems to be the month of birthdays. It is certainly the month when a majority of important people in my and Husband's life celebrate this auspicious anniversary. Perhaps the icy hand of December made for intolerable cabin fever and heightened lust, coming to fruition nine months later in an overabundance of summer babies!

Husband celebrated his birthday at the beginning of this month and has been followed by three very special friends to both of us (happy birthdays to MandaSue, Diosthocles, and Lester).

And, last but certainly not least, today is my father's 70th birthday. Hooray!

As you can see from the photograph, even though I came into his life late (I'm 22, do the math), he still made a perfect horse for my cousin and I to ride (perhaps that's why his back is sore nowadays...) as well as a devoted fishing partner and easygoing companion. Tonight we're going out to break bread with my and Husband's family in celebration. Happy birthday, Daddy!

No comments: