Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday Fashion: Giving Back

BlindIrishPirate had a great post about Sseko Designs recently, and when I ran across this similar CNN article, I couldn't help but share via Friday Fashion.

Gift-giving is synonymous with the holidays. Husband and I have really worked to set reasonable limits for ourselves in regards to Christmas consumerism, but I will be the first to admit that I love to watch others open gifts that I have carefully selected and wrapped with love. Wouldn't those gifts be so much better if, in addition to the recipient's enjoyment, they created opportunities for those less fortunate?

Below are just a tiny sampling of the beautiful goods available...Global Goods Partners, Handmade Flower Placemats, $30. From Swaziland.Nest, Naema Necklace, $38. From Morocco.Ten Thousand Villages, Handmade Bamboo Motif Teacup, $10. From Nepal.

Go forth and spend conscientiously.

No comments: