Friday, July 27, 2012

Happy SysAdmin Day!


The last Friday in July is Systems Administrator Appreciation Day. I entered a contest to highlight my favorite SysAdmin, but since my entry wasn't chosen, Imma gonna go ahead and post it here! It's epic, y'alls.

------------------------------

Whose face is illuminated by the soft glow of the computer screen from dusk until dawn (and then until dusk again)?
My SysAdmin.

Who manages intricate networks, fiercely guarding my Very Important Data and pictures of kittens wearing hats?
My SysAdmin.

Who breathes life back into ostensibly dead hardware, God-like in his resurrection powers?
My SysAdmin.

Who benevolently translates complicated geek speak into intelligible language for the cubicle-dwelling peasants?
My SysAdmin.

To whom do I bow when I need a back-up, a viral cleansing, or a fresh bag of Doritos?
My SysAdmin.

If it were not for my SysAdmin, and SysAdmins everywhere, the world as we know it would fall into chaos. The apocalypse would be upon us. And I would have no damn idea how to reset my password.

------------------------------

I love you, My SysAdmin. 


No comments: