Friday, July 12, 2013

G's birth

Before I went to Boston for a work conference in June, I told sisterfriend to cross her legs so I wouldn't miss the birth of baby G.

It didn't work so well.

On Friday, June 21, I awoke to a text from sisterfriend, sent at 3:22 a.m. They were on their way to the hospital. I spent that day hovering around my phone, waiting for updates, which I gobbled up and passed on to other family members. At 3:15 p.m., right in the middle of the session I was moderating, GCD was born after almost 13 hours of labor. He weight 7 pounds, 11 ounces, and was 20 1/2 inches long.

The next few days were so long as I waited impatiently to return and meet the newest member of our family! Finally, on Sunday, at three days old, I said, "hello!"



Sisterfriend did an amazing job at bring pregnant, giving birth, and now mothering her son. She set the bar pretty darn high!
I got to see him again, at eight days old, and he only became cuter, as if that was even possible!



I love you, GCD! You're currently the cutest cousin, and I can't wait for a lifetime of memories with you!

No comments: