Monday, July 14, 2008

First Anniversary

July 14 signifies Husband and my first anniversary as a married couple. We made it through an entire year without one suffocating the other with a pillow as he or she slept, without any police intervention whatsoever, and without seriously contemplating divorce. Many people say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. Others disagree and say that they hit their rough patch several years after that blissful honeymoon period. I don't know if a difficult time of disagreements is coming, but it certainly has not been during this past year.

During our first year of marriage, Husband and my living situation was quite unique and a bit sadistic: we were forced to spend almost the entire year locked together in a one-room home. If he was playing Grand Theft Auto IV, I was three feet away watching television. If he was pounding away on his oversized, loudly whizzing computer, I was three feet away watching television. If he was sitting on the bed playing his DS...well, you get the idea...I watched a lot of television and our room allowed for about three feet of personal space... Still, he commuted about an hour to work both coming and going and I didn't feel I got to see enough of him until we started working at the same Big, Fancy University.

We don't always agree, but we can always come to a compromise. He doesn't always complete tasks on my time schedule, but everything always gets done. I am not always calm, cool, and collected (okay, I'm rather anal about...everything), but he can always make me laugh and remember to breathe deeply and enjoy the moment.

So thank you, Husband, for making me feel like the best wife in the world, even when I'm not acting like it. I love you very much; here's to a countless number of years that are ahead of us. I can't wait to experience them with you.

3 comments:

Kyle said...

I look forward to a long and happy life with you too wife! Thanks for being my better, wiser, and prettier half :-*

blind irish pirate said...

Yay, Kat & Kyle! <3 Mols

Anonymous said...

Congrats, although I'm rather belated! I just saw on Facebook where you had a blog! :)

- Shay