Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Realization

I realized something today. My job is hard.

Okay, well, maybe hard isn't the right word for it. A well-trained monkey with a giant copy of the Oxford English Dictionary and a good handle on basic spelling and grammar could probably edit the books successfully.

Maybe tedious is a better word for my job. Not that I am complaining, necessarily. Perhaps I'm simply shocked to have work that fills my entire day and is actually challenging. Of course, said work is comprised of vainly searching for the proper positioning of the apostrophe for words like "'em" as in "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em." Does the apostrophe curve to the left or to the right? Who knows. Oh, wait, I'm supposed to know. In my previous position, the majority of my time was filled with aimless blog reading and Web Tetris. This job is rather a relief from sitting blankly in front of a computer all day with few tasks but numerous headaches. In the next few months, I might look back enviously upon my days filled with nothing. But probably not.

No comments: