Sunday, February 20, 2011

New toy (that is being belatedly blogged...)

Between the insanity that has been the month of February, I got a new camera! I had become more and more disenchanted with the performance of my little point-and-shoot Nikon Coolpix. Photographs turned out blurry and the zoom just wasn't working properly.

I am the kind of person who loves to document. The agility of the little Nikon is what drew me to the camera in the first place (its size allowed me to throw it into my purse easily), but at the end of the day, I needed something meatier. So I researched and found myself drawn to the Canon Rebel T1i.
It seemed to be a good stater camera for something with more power and more reliability. At the end of the day, it is an investment piece for me. With HD movie shooting capability, it should work well for that far-distant day when Husband and I produce an offspring, of which I will be able to document every single moment of said offspring's adorableness.

In the meantime, I've been enthralled with taking reallyreallyclose images of everything in my house. I feel really good about this camera.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I recognize that spice rack. But what thoughtful couple might have given you that lovely gift?!

KittyMarie said...

I wonder.....We actually use it a lot and have had to refill several of the test tubes! :)

Angie said...

you can't imagine the jealousy burning in my little photog soul...

KittyMarie said...

You're welcome to come over to my house and play with my new toy anytime! Mom said it was ok!

John Whelan said...

I realize I'm a bit late to this party - congrats on the new camera. It's a good solid entry into the world of dSLR's and a solid camera. You'll get a lot of good use out of it for sure.

Congrats!

If you find yourself wanting to expand your inventory of lenses, give Tamron and Sigma lenses a look. Often they're cheaper than similar by Canon, and offer a good quality for the price.

KittyMarie said...

Thanks for the tip!