Friday, February 3, 2012

Daily Eye Candy

When I was in the fifth grade, I had my first "boyfriend"...I'll call him "Jimmy." "Boyfriend" in quotation marks is absolutely applicable to our relationship -- when I heard from my tittering friends that he wanted to hold my hand in the darkness of our school's blow-up planetarium, I became concerned because I thought we were moving tooooo fast (aw, the innocent decade). When Valentine's Day rolled around, "Jimmy" was so proud of his gift -- he told me that his sister had helped him pick it out. It was a set of silver post earrings in a "love knot" formation. I still have them to this day. But, like most pre-junior high flings, "Jimmy" and my relationship burned bright and fast, and "we" were over before the next school year began. Ah, the fickleness of the young.

That engaging glimpse into my early love life brings me to today's Daily Eye Candy. The price is a departure from my "Sweet and Cheap" series, but it was too adorable not to share.

From Shabby Apple, I completely love this Love Knot Necklace, handcrafted in 14K gold, $87.50. Wouldn't this make a perfect Valentine's Day gift? Too bad Husband and I don't celebrate that holiday...if only "Jimmy" were still around...

No comments: