Friday, October 26, 2012

Emmy Jo's Bridal Shower

In July, I had the opportunity to serve as matron of honor in my dear friend Emmy Jo's wedding. With the help of her bridesmaids -- her sister and sister-in-law -- as well as her mother and a fantastic friend who showed up early to help set up the day of, we threw her a lovely little bridal shower.

Emmy Jo and I have been friends since her family moved to the area early in our high school career (way over ten years now, how scary is that?). She and I really solidified our friendship, however, when we became roommates during a summer study abroad trip to France. We made it through that summer unscathed and closer than ever. So of course I had to throw her a French-themed shower (she helped throw one for me five years ago when I tied the knot)!

I designed the invitations...

And we decorated the room with all things French...



And we all pitched in one some delicious food (I made madeleines and macarons, which was quite the experience)...



 And she mingled and opened gifts and (I hope!) had a great time...

She's worth it.


No comments: