Friday, April 1, 2011

Friday Fashion: Headbands

I am a lover of headbands. Always have been. In spite of frequent headache side effects, headbands are the hair accessory du jour pour moi. I've never been into barrettes or been able to effortlessly pull off cute hats, but I can rock a mean headband.
I found this headband in a hat store in Michigan on vacation with Husband. It is black and sparkly and satin (and admittedly hard to see in this image), but it contrasts nicely with my blonde and sits comfortably flush against my noggin.

So, in honor of headbands, I bring you a few that I think are cute.
This Pluma Grace headband would be wonderful for bridal wear or a fancy cocktail party. It looks sturdy and sparkly. $65.
I first thought this Final Flourish headband from Anthropologie was made out of some kind of feather, but upon closer inspection I discovered intricate beading and sequins. Lovely! $28.
Ban.do is a really wonderful site if you have never taken the time to peruse. They offer a special heart clip that can glam up your hair, outfit, shoes - anything you want (and 25% of the proceeds benefits the relief aid in Japan)! I am quite taken with their simple but sweet Girlie Satin Bow headband, $35.


No comments: