Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Daily Eye Candy

On Sunday, I went on a pilgrimage to Mecca.

For me, Mecca is DSW.

It was a religious experience.

I needed to purchase a new pair of black heels for a wedding I am in next weekend.

Well, I'm using the word "need" loosely here. I'd bought a new black dress to wear in the wedding, which I "needed," so surely I also "needed" a new pair of shoes to go with the new frock.

Ah, consumerism. I shall avert my eyes in attrition.

My sistercousin, who has an interesting taste in shoes (I'm using the word "interesting" here in a positive manner), helped me pick out a pair that I might have otherwise glanced over. They were black satin with an asymmetrically cut sequined feature on the toes. The heel doesn't look that high in the picture, but I felt a bit like a newborn fawn as I wobbled up and down the aisles of the store. But it was undeniable; on my feet, they were pretty darn cute.

If I fall flat on my face while walking down the aisle next Saturday, please focus on the way the light strikes the sequins and how the heels highlight my calves when my dress goes over my head.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

No comments: