Friday, April 2, 2010

Friday Fashion: Bookworm

Husband inspired this Friday Fashion when he sent me these Exclusive Illuminated Lightsaber Bookends, $49.99, featured on Gizmodo.
Ihave never been a big bookend person. My course of action always leaned more toward stuffing my bookshelf with as many books that would fit, rather than artistically placing the books on the shelves by color and using lovely bookends to hold them upright. After seeing these finds from Etsy.com, however, perhaps I should rethink my strategy.

So cute, almost rustic looking. The color is just wonderful. And very crafty (I bet you could create these yourselves, eh? Maybe even make a spare pair for me? Hint, hint. Nudge, nudge.) Pear pair green, $22.

This first reminded me of the Michaelangelo painting on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Only adorable. Stubborn foot bookend, $32.


How cool is this? For the middle-aged, nostalgic music lover, I suppose. But us young'uns can dig these too, you crazy cats. I expect someday they will make bookends out of other obsolete items. Like VHS tapes. Record bookend, $10.


As a former dachshund owner, I am obligated to love this bookend set. But even if I hadn't known two of the cuddly-wuddly-est wiener doggies in the whole wide world, I would still love this set because it is so simple and crafty. Hey! Dachshunds themselves are both simple and crafty too...hmmm...coincidence? Doxie bookends, $28.


Very cool. Very mod. Love the rough-hewn look and the architectural yet artistic arrangement. For the bookend lover with cash to burn, these would be an great choice. Forged Iron Book-Ends, $300.

No comments: