Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hooray for babies and adorableness!

On Saturday Husband and I hosted a baby shower for a set of friends expecting their second little boy in November. We wanted the opportunity to gather friends and family to celebrate the impending introduction that will complete their family. So we did!

It was a co-ed shower, so I shied away from diapers filled with melted candy bars and baby-diapering races, hoping instead for everyone to simply mingle and talk and enjoy the time together.

And I made these:

I thought they were really darn cute. From the genius that is Bakerella: Cupcake bites. I had actually intended to make Cupcake pops, but my balls got too fat and heavy for the skewers, so bites it was!Our friends' son seemed to improvise his own baby shower game: Diaper Jenga.Hopefully these will help to get them started with their newest bundle of joy!Our sincerest congratulations, dear friends. We simply cannot wait to meet Owen!

No comments: