Friday, October 3, 2008

I don't think she'd survive elimination on Project Runway...

With the rapidly changing season upon us, I've noticed more and more lately the dress of the young ladies at Big, Fancy University, arguably the mecca of fashion in the Biggest City Within 50 Miles.

In college, there are two types of girls (I say girls, because boys are lucky if they're even wearing clothes that don't stand up by themselves): Those who dress up for lecture like they're going dancing at a club and those who roll out of bed (or whatever curb they ended up blacking out on) and immediately march out the door to class. I think I fell somewhere in between. I managed to throw on some jeans and a real shirt every day. This was still in the time when I straightened my hair daily (as opposed to now, when I suffocate myself in "sprunch spray" to give my wave/curls/frizz some kind of form to hold and scurry out the door dripping wet), but I didn't work too hard at it, particular in my third and final year at Dinky College when Husband was gone (seriously, who did I have to impress?).

Recently, at Big, Fancy University, I saw two different girls on two different days sporting the same style of jeans. They were like denim sailor pants, excruciatingly tight with several rows of buttons that seemed to start just where the bust ended. I'm sure anywhere else, they would have been extremely fashionable. However, we live in Indiana. Seriously. Buy some overalls or something (Reader's Note: No, I do not currently own a pair of overalls...but, yes, I have owned and worn overalls in the past...when I was old enough to know better...let us not talk of such horrors).

Additionally, when Husband and I were out walking among the students during lunch one day, we noticed a girl with the shortest skirt. Ever. Well, I actually noticed her fancy Very Bradley book bag. That's when my very observant Husband pointed out her minuscule skirt and the brilliant white granny panties that were peeking out as her skirt slowly rode up her back. She tugged at the skirt once, but the cycle only began anew. The girl was completely oblivious, and Husband and I decided to stop following her like complete pervs, giggling each time she took a step.

So, the moral of the story for all my lady readers is this: Give your vagina a little room to breathe, but don't take it out for a walk and show it off to the world like a prize-winning Sheltie from the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Because, seriously. Indiana.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Soooo if there are two types of girls in college, and you (being a female) fell somewhere between the two, then wouldn't there - logically speaking - have to be three types of girls?

:-)

(sorry - had to).

That's pretty funny about the short skirt thing.... some people REALLY need to learn how to dress appropriately.....

KittyMarie said...

Nope, I am just an enigma. I fall in no category of any kind ;-)

Diosthocles said...

following a girl that was having a wardrobe malfunction around, eh? Your guys' judging of the student body isn't getting creepingly stalkerish or anything. :-p. Sillyness aside, I see a ton of people that should not dress like they do every day. Wonders of working retail. Although in my case, they come to me and is less weird :-p.