Monday, December 8, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things....

...I simply remember my favorite things, and then I don't feeeeeel...so baaaaad.

Husband and I ventured to my parents' house for the second annual hanging of the greens (a.k.a. loading their tree with every conceivable ornament for optimum tackiness). As "second annual" would suggest, we did this with them last year, and I really enjoy the new tradition. My dad and I have always been the ones to decorate while my mom flitted about in the kitchen, never joining in, but enjoying the result nonetheless. Here is the product of our work this year, flanked by my two favorite men:

It's difficult to see, but my mother crocheted the tree skirt, which adds a little bit of personality. Here is my most favorite tree ornament:

We have three of these Santa ornaments and they are older than my dad. I don't know why I like them so much, perhaps it's just The Familiar.


With the ongoing theme of My Crafty Mother, here is a little tree she made from pine cones collected at our former cabin on the lake in Wisconsin.


Another Older Than My Dad decoration. There are two of these Santas. A reserved jollyness, no?

This isn't the greatest picture, but the cuteness of Santa and his sled is undeniable.


Finally, the pièce de résistance: a 3-D sign My Crafty Mother carved out of wood, painted, and nailed together for the church's lawn. If your Christmas cards from me don't measure up to The Craftiness, please blame it on my father's genes.

No comments: