Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ohai...

So, did you expect me to write actual blog posts about actual, important topics on a regular basis? Because I got nothin'. This week, I have been consumed with editing a book about a cat. Next week, a book about World War II. My life is full of surprises.

There are a great number of topics banging against the inside of my skull. But I cannot write about them. It feels like writer's block, but I think it's more introspection. Things happen that I don't really want to put out there onto Teh Internetz. In spite of waving my peace sign in the air and shouting "Free Speech" on my personal soapbox, I just don't want to post about certain events in my life, or especially the lives of my friends and family members, no matter how visceral my reaction to these events, because you never know who's reading and what they will do with your words. Schitzophrenically, I worry about who will read my honest thoughts about certain happenings, so I keep them to myself. Which is kind of the opposite of a blog's purpose. But whatever.

All I will say is that I am thankful. I am thankful for my job. I am thankful that I don't worry about how to pay my mortgage. I am thankful that I have common sense and good judgement and a healthy dose of skepticism. I am thankful for a loving husband. I am thankful that, even though things do not get accomplished on my timeline, I have the opportunity to accomplish them in the future. I am thankful that I live in this country, that I live with a relatively low paranoia level, that I do not fear earthquakes and hurricanes and typhoons. And I am thankful for you, dear reader, and for your understanding that some things are un-postable.

No comments: