Thursday, September 4, 2008

Approval...

"We're approved."

Those are the words Husband uttered to me last night after ending his phone conversation with a bank employee we've been working with for several weeks. Approved, of course, meaning pre-qualified for a home loan.

Approval on a home loan is probably going to be the easy part. Thanks to Husband's foresight, we've built up a respectable credit rating. Thanks to the foresight of my parents, they generated a healthy amount of college savings for me since birth. Consequently, thanks to me, I graduated from college a year early, so the leftover college savings will help with a handsome down payment for such young bucks as Husband and myself. Don't get me wrong, both Husband and I also have handsome college loans, but I don't lose sleep over those. They will get paid off eventually, as will the home loan we will inevitably sign our firstborn away for.

Now the true process of negotiations will begin, which I'm expecting to be the hard part. The entire ordeal is a special situation, the convoluted details of which I am not ready to disclose, but I definitely have my fingers and toes crossed that everything will work out and the bank will fly us a deed on a magic carpet for exactly what we want to pay with an interest rate that amounts to the change in my coin purse. This house would be a wonderful place to raise a few children and remain close to family and friends with a marginal carpooled commute to work. Go, ahead, get your hopes up with me.

At least we won't have to get too attached to our firstborn.

No comments: