Thursday, September 4, 2008

Increase your happiness today...

A blog I visit often entitled "The Happiness Project" (see KittyMarie's Daily Compulsions) has a tip every Wednesday that inspires acts to promote personal happiness. The fourth tip from the post yesterday is to "Sign up on the national organ-donor registry." I have been registered as an organ donor on my driver's license since I was 16, but today I made sure to sign up with the short on-line form (suggested by the Web site in addition to license notation).

Your final act on earth can be one of selflessness. Take control of your happiness. Someday, bring happiness to another family. Register today.

http://www.donatelife.net/

**********

As an interesting and marginally irrelevant side note, in grade school each year I won numerous spelling bees and received several small gold plastic trophies depicting a grinning bee. One of the few years I lost, my downfall came in the form of the word "happiness." I listened to the word posed by my principal, paused thoughtfully, wrestled with an obvious spelling versus a ridiculous spelling, and finally decided to proudly proclaim: "Happiness. H-A-P-P-Y-N-E-S-S. Happiness."

Damn that gold bee.

No comments: