Friday, November 7, 2008

I can still dream, can't I?

I am thoroughly exasperated by our lack of real estate. Still no word from the bank on our counteroffer as they continue to turn their financial noses up at our hot little pile of money we're just aching to lay at their feet. We have a garage full of furniture and no house, so I dream with the help of potterybarn.com. Join me in my dreams, won't you?


This is a lovely organic, branch-inspired mirror. If I had a house I would possibly hang it in the bedroom (no, not that kind of mirror...) or in the foyer area. You know, if I had a house.


I would get pillows like these for our couch and loveseat. The couch and loveseat are a soft tan color and I absolutely hate the pillows that came with the set. They are stripey and mostly maroon, but not a pretty stripey maroon, and these pillows don't make me want to throw up when I'm taking a nap.


I would hang this chandelier over our dining room table. Again, it is very organically branch-inspired. Plus, SHINY. VERY SHINY. We would enjoy our meals beneath its soft light. You know, if I had a dining room.

Beneath that lovely chandelier, we would eat on plates that look like these. Most of the items in this post I would not actually ever buy because EXPENSIVE. The silver lining, however, is that we already DO have plates that look like these. We got them as a wedding gift. They remain unopened in the box, probably in some dusty corner of my parents' spare bedroom, yet untouched by my majestic culinary creations (...errr...Kraft macaroni and cheese).


We already do have a very nice comforter that is very warm and soft and I love, but it is plain white, and this one is HELLO PRETTY. Plus it is made out of organic cotton. Because I'm a green snob like that. It could always go on the guest bed, right? You know, in that guest bedroom we don't have...

The alarm is ringing. Time to wake up. In my in-laws' house.

3 comments:

Diosthocles said...

Great taste in everything BUT the chandelier.

See ya in a few hours ^_^*.

KittyMarie said...

Hello PRETTY! I think it would look lovely glinting in the sunlight! It would at least look better than the "chandelier" that is at the house now....ewwwies...

Anonymous said...

Totally a good guest bedroom sort of spread. :) You should check out Coppenhagen.