Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An Intrepid Traveler

The word "intrepid" is characterized by resolute fearlessness, fortitude, and endurance.

So, on second thought, maybe I'm not quite that kind of traveler.

I trekked to Indy this weekend simply to be with some of the most beautiful women on earth and also to spend money. Oodles of money. And, no, not all of it on myself.

I had never before driven to Indy, near Indy, or even seriously contemplated the city of Indy. Dedracula has been working on me for months (years?) now to come visit, and I finally made myself go, not because I didn't want to see her and her voluptuousness, but rather because of pure, unadulterated fear.

I've already chronicled my not-so-stellar driving experiences here and here, so I wasn't looking forward to certain death on 465. But, I made myself go because I needed to just jump in and do it. And I didn't die. Thanks to the anxiety brought on by some construction and a demand that I "SEEK ALTERNATE ROUTE," I probably took a few years off of my life, but I didn't die. I ended up having a lovely time and feel much more confident returning in the near future.

However, I don't think I'm ready for Chicago...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Indy is actually a very easy city to nagivate... once you learn the keys to it.

All the addresses in the city have simple numbers relative to how far north/south there are from Washington St or how far east/west they are from Meridian Street... like 2000 N Meridian is 2 miles north of Washington Street on Meridian. 3400 West 86th Street is 3.4 miles West of Meridian.

Once you learn that... it's simple from there.

Anonymous said...

465 Isn't scary :-)

And I just ignore the warnings to seek alternate routes.

I drive 465 two and from work every day.

KittyMarie said...

You both are obviously much, much more adventurous than I. For example, I didn't know how to pump gasoline into my car until I was 21-years-old and married. 'Tis a sheltered life I lead. ;-)

Diosthocles said...

I would have willingly become your driver to and from had you told me there was hot chicks involved ;-). I've driven to Indy a few times and it's not that bad. Like Liam said, once you know key things, you are fine. I still hate one ways though.

Chicago was a different story. I felt like everyone driving was trying to run me off the road. *drools* Fogo de Chão...

KittyMarie said...

Is that the meat place? Were you saying there was one in Indy? Sounds amazing. I would like to get my filet mignon on someday! ;-)