Monday, March 9, 2009

And the beat goes on...

We spent the better part of this weekend working on the house, breaking only to go to The Biggest City Within 50 Miles to watch the Canadian Mist Bob & Tom Comedy All-Stars Tour Saturday night.

It felt like we made some progress on the house, and I know we got our hands dirty. Here are the highlights:


Husband, being very manly, using a power tool. He and Brother-In-Law disassembled the kitchen cabinets and this was the result:


How satisfying!


The only prize they received was discovering some year-old cat vomit on top of one of the cabinets. I do not think words can even express how excited I am to get brand new, vomit- and hair-free cabinets.


Again with the power tools. Husband also took down the screen door that was destroyed by wind months ago, before we owned the house. But honestly, I didn't take this picture to document our renovation journey. I took this picture solely because of his glorious ass. Seriously, people, that thing could cure cancer. You're welcome to squeeze the merchandise, but, unfortunately for you, it isn't for sale.


Meanwhile, Father-In-Law finished painting our master bathroom a beautiful "Thunderstorm" color. Very soothing light slate gray, and the picture is actually pretty true to the color this time.


We also picked out our tile for the master bathroom and attached walk-in closet. It is also a light slate blue/gray/possibly even green ceramic tile. And I am in LOVE. Plus, it is on CLEARANCE. This proves that my love can be bought. Cheaply.

9 comments:

whiskey9cjo said...

Purdy!

KittyMarie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KittyMarie said...

...or at least it will be! I will say it is better than what we started with!!!

blind irish pirate said...

...I was going to say, Kyle looks like he has lost weight, but, no, I shan't squeeze.

KittyMarie said...

He has lost quite a bit of weight since we left The Joe. I'm very proud of him! If you ever get the inclination, you may squeeze. It's a magical experience...:)

Anonymous said...

Looks like things are coming along nicely. :)

...Zac and Ashlie... said...

Oh, Katherine. You absolutely, positively crack me up! Kyle looks slim and...uh, his toosh looks squeezable? I guess...Err...awkward...But anyway, this girl wants to see pictures of YOU! :P I miss you, my dearie! :)

KittyMarie said...

Oh, my darling Ashlie:) Kyle is quite slim and squeezable at the same time-he defies the laws of physics! Next time we're at the house and I don't look like a chipmunk I'll have him take some pictures of me up to my neck in dirt and cat vomit:)

...Zac and Ashlie... said...

That sounds delicious, Kitten! Just...delicious! Can't wait!