Monday, March 9, 2009

The world is full of beautiful things...

Butterfly wings, fairy tale kings
And each new day undoubtedly brings
Still more beautiful things

Thanks, Bobby Darin, for that lovely segue into a small taste of Branch, a Web site I stumbled across this morning that promotes "sustainable design for living." Just because it's good for Ma Nature doesn't mean it has to be ugly. Note, the beautiful things:
This 14" "Granite Pillow" retails for $188 - a little out of my price range for ONE pillow, but could the woven puzzle design get ANY CUTER? Answer: No, no it cannot.

This "Birdfeeder" is $84, again, a little pricey, but this is what I would want to eat out of if I was a bird! Can you imagine the contrast between the crisp white and the glittering feathers of a little golden finch (my favorite bird)? I would have three of these hanging on either side of my porch, if I could! I wonder if it comes with birdseed...And finally, a "Cortica Chaise Lounge." I won't even mention the price on this (my wallet tried to jump out the window and commit suicide when I peeked), but the beauty of the pure cork is undeniable. If I didn't like eating so much, I would totally buy two of these and display them on our front porch (right beneath the gorgeous birdfeeder above!). Can't you imagine a quiet spring day, perhaps raining lightly, with a glass of lemonade and a book and this chair?

2 comments:

Diosthocles said...

lol, I thought the bird feeder was a coin jar. Cool either way but those dang squirrels are gon' get up in thurr.

KittyMarie said...

It could work as a coin holder, too! That would be a cute idea, to have it hanging in your house. I bet you could even plant some herbs and use it in the kitchen! Now I just need $84 worth of mad money!

And I don't mind feeding some sweet little squirrels;-)