This week is over; January is over; bring on February!
We weren't able to make it in to work Wednesday due to all of the snow, and we won't be coming in Monday because we are having the gas turned on at our new house. Naturally, the Almighty Gas Company doesn't make appointments, instead forcing you to twiddle your thumbs close by from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. But rest assured, they'll call a half an hour before they arrive. That's terribly considerate of them.
At least FINALLY having the gas turned on and the heat cranked up will allow us to begin our renovations. I agree with Husband that it is a daunting situation, but I am very ready to begin. At least I can start to feel productive! Maybe it will also begin to feel like this is really our house, whereas now it still just feels like we're intruders every time we go over. For my peace of mind, here is a list of things we need to get done, in the order we need to do them:
1. Have gas turned on; have water turned on.
2. Install fancy new 7-day thermostat.
3. Clean out former owners' garbage; move appliances out to garage.
4. Remove baseboards; rip out carpet; tear out kitchen linoleum; eradicate wallpaper borders; demo kitchen wall.
5. Wire house with Husband's internet cables.***
6. Install new front door
7. Patch drywall; paint walls.
8. Install bamboo flooring in lower level; have carpet installed on second floor; install tile and new toilets in bathroom(s).
9. Re-attach baseboards and possibly crown molding.
10. Install new appliances, sink and countertops in kitchen, and new lights.
11. Move in furniture; hang pictures; decorate.
This is obviously a short list that does not include many of the important details. However, I'm really looking forward to number 12...
***Update: Husband has informed me that the "internet cables" that I reference are technically called Cat5 network cables, and that I am adorable. Of the latter, I was aware.