Monday, May 3, 2010

Daily Eye Candy

I've been wearing glasses a long, long time. Thanks to a family history riddled with poor vision, I became a "four eyes" early. If we lived when cavemen roamed, you would have wanted to stick close to me. I would become easy nearsighted prey, allowing you to scurry away to hide in the underbrush as I squinted at the beast devouring my body.

My parents always allowed me to choose my glasses frames myself. This was undoubtedly a mistake, my legacy of school pictures revealing a Dork with a capital D. The frames were just so large - apparently my upper cheeks and lower forehead were also in need of visual assistance.

It wasn't until the last few years that I finally began choosing glasses that didn't make me look secretary Janine Melnitz from "Ghostbusters."

That.

I still have the worst time choosing glasses (as evidenced by an elderly man sitting in the optometrist's office who looked at my exasperated husband as I switched back and forth between my top two choices and said, "Just buy her both!").

But, finally, I chose:These. Except brown. Believe me, brown was a better choice in this instance. They have tiny crystals on the sides, which excite me with their sparkle and are sure to fall out within the first three months.

Luckily, I won't be able to see it.

No comments: