Wednesday, December 30, 2009

And the next

I'm a girl who appreciates introspection. Writing in diaries, scrapbooking, taking photographs. I love occasions like the end of the year that provide an opportunity to look back and take stock of events that stood out, made an impact, made a memory.

But this year has been a different year altogether. Only two events jump to mind when I think "2009." Husband and I bought a house; my dad's life was irrevocably changed. Everything else just seemed inconsequential, at least in the big picture of my own tiny life.

Of course that isn't all that happened. I had my wisdom teeth removed. Friends were married (and married and married and married and married). Friends had babies. There were birthdays. Anniversaries were celebrated. Deaths were mourned. A new president took office. We finally moved out from under my in-laws' roof. And then there was fashion.

This year has left me looking toward the sky each moment, cowering, waiting for the other shoe to drop and crush my body. But it has also given me the blessing of appreciation for the people in my life. It isn't going to last forever, but at least I had another year with them. Another year to laugh and cry and hug and dance and smile. Another year to love them. And to love you. I wish you the best in 2010, and offer my support in case of the worst.

1 comment:

GeorgeDubya said...

I <3 you too Kitty. . . Don't tell the Husband though, I don't want him getting upset thinking I love you more than him.

And yeah, 2009 has been a hell of a year for everyone. Here's to 2010 being better all around!



Completely off topic, but my verification word is "SNESES". Is that the plural of SNES? Like, if someone has more than one Super Nintendo, do they have SNESes?